Thursday, January 26, 2017

WebStorm - a decent Javascript IDE

# WebStorm - what is it?

Sublime Text is a fairly nifty editor and so is Visual Code. However I was missing the full IDE experience that I had during .Net days (Visual Studio) or Eclipse (Java). I found Webstorm by accident when looking to find ways to debug my React app. So what is WebStorm?

[Webstorm - IDE](https://www.jetbrains.com/help/webstorm) is lightweight yet powerful Integrated Development Environment perfectly equipped for complex client-side development and server-side development with Node.js. It features advanced support for JavaScript, HTML, CSS, and their modern successors, as well as for frameworks such as AngularJS or React, debugging, and integration with the VCS and various web development tools:

I am impressed with the productivity gain I got in a single day when I switched over to WebStorm, so I decided to buy a full year individual subscription.

Give it a try. This post will continue to be updated as I get more insights into WebStorm.

No comments :